To be eligible for the first year of free tuition (enrollment fees) and student health fees, new students must meet the following criteria:
- First-time college student: Applicants should not have previously earned college credit at any institution AFTER high school graduation. Any college courses that were taken while in high school, as part of a dual enrollment program, are the only exception.
- Full-time college student: New students are required to maintain 12 or more units each semester and earn a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- High school graduate: Students must submit proof of graduation with their high school transcripts (including North Orange Continuing Education graduates).
- Complete Financial Aid application: There is NO income requirement to be eligible for the North Orange Promise Scholars grant. Applicants are required to complete the FAFSA/DREAM application to determine their need. North Orange Promise funds will cover any remaining balance on student fees.
- Residency requirements: This program is offered for students who meet the California residency requirements or are eligible for exception through the AB 540 application.
For students to continue eligibility for second year of free tuition (enrollment fees) and student health fees, they must meet the following criteria:
- Attending for their second consecutive year of community college (no semester breaks).
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or greater.
- Continue sustaining a full-time course load of 12 units or greater each semester.
- Complete the required financial aid application for the new award year. There are NO income requirements to be eligible for the North Orange Promise Scholars grant.
Prospective students who had completed their first year of college as Promise student (first time, full time) at another California Community College are eligible to apply and receive second year tuition at Cypress College or Fullerton College. Continuing eligibility requirements (above) will still apply.