The Petty Cash Voucher system has been established to aid in the purchase of unforeseen, emergency expenditures that may arise during the course of performing business. These expenditures should be made only when it is not practical or cost-efficient to purchase through the District Purchasing Department. The Petty Cash Voucher reimbursement is limited to a total of $250 per day. The Petty Cash Voucher system may not be used to circumvent established District purchasing procedures or to purchase prohibited items.
Note: If the petty cash purchase exceeds $250 per day, a purchase requisition must be completed and the original receipts must be submitted as an attachment to the purchase requisition.
In order to be reimbursed through the Petty Cash Voucher system, the following steps must be taken:
- Complete the "Petty Cash Voucher," listing the date, employee's name, employee's Banner ID number, department, budget to be charged, store the items were purchased from, the item descriptions, and amounts. Submit the original receipt(s) with the petty cash voucher.
- Special Notes:
- If the items are charged to a categorical budget, then a statement of purpose should be included on the voucher.
- If the items purchased include food and beverages, then the Board approval date must be included on the voucher or a statement indicating that the items are for classroom use.
- Sign the Petty Cash Voucher and obtain the necessary administrative approvals. The administrators signing the vouchers should review them for accuracy and allowability as a District expenditure.
- Submit the authorized "Petty Cash Vouchers" to the District Accounting Office within a timely manner, for reimbursement.